[Hidden-tech] Cold Fusion

Sarah Meikle sarah at sarahmeikle.net
Wed Mar 30 09:23:19 EDT 2011

Good Morning!

Does anyone know of a good company/person to do some Cold Fusion work?
 I am a creative business, design and technology consultant and am
looking to subcontract some work on one of my client's sites.  I was
working with Creative Constructs in Easthampton, but they have moved
on to other career choices and shut up shop.  Though I design and
manage websites (among many other things) for this client, the backend
ColdFusion work I need done is beyond me.  However, the work required
has already been spec'ed out in great detail and the client is eager
to initiate the next iteration of developments/changes as soon as
possible. The changes/additions to be made will greatly enhance the
ability of their sales team to harness the full potential of the site,
so they/we are eager to move forward.  I would guess that the work
required would take a couple of weeks.  I would estimate a much
shorter time, but am making some allowances for having to go in a
decipher the existing code and learn the site/business/system.  I
already have a detailed estimate/quote from the company we were
working for and am hoping that pricing will work for the next person,
as I have already cleared the budget for the work to be done.

I should also mention that the customer is an extremely high end
financial research company, so it is important that the developments
never impede the use of the site by their existing, extremely high
paying clients.  Ideally, I am hoping to find a firm/person that would
be available for future work/updates and potentially available for
on-call emergency tech support in exchange for a monthly stipend.
Hopefully the tech support would not be necessary, due to the flawless
work done, but as we roll the updated site out it will be important to
have someone available should any issues arise.  If the support hours
covered by the monthly stipend go unused, there will be a rolling
task/development list and the hours can be spent knocking items off of
that list.

So, I would appreciate any referrals or interest, so long as the
standard of work is high and the level of professionalism impressive.
This would be an excellent "gig" for the right person.  I deal
exclusively with the client and have free reign to develop the site as
I envision ways for it to improve, so you would barely, if ever have
to deal with the customer/anyone but me.

Please email me if you are interested and put "Cold Fusion" in the
subject line of the email.  (Note: They need not be local.  I worked
with Creative Constructs for years and, despite them being located in
Easthampton, never once met them in person.)

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards
Sarah

Sarah L. Meikle