[Hidden-tech] Colocation options for a server or two

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sun Mar 20 12:15:22 EDT 2011

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:50:57 -0400, Michael Klatsky <michaelk at tnrglobal.com> wrote:
> Of course- the Amazon discussion assumes you don't already own the hardware.
> If so- then you already have sunk costs and you do need to find a colo. In
> that regard, keeping it local if possible- I'd definitely talk to Crocker as
> you mentioned. They have good support and they are easily accessible in
> Springfield. I will also agree with Rich regarding the timeline- 2 weeks is
> not unreasonable for getting a couple of servers up and running in a colo.

I do have the hardware, and I've run a ISP, so I know that it is quite
possible to put up a server in a colo in a few hours, just as Matt Crocker
said :).  I didn't make it clear to the person from Crocker that I talked
to that I had a potential emergency situation, but I was going to ask
on Monday (when I'll know more myself) if there was any way to expedite.
Now I know, and have emailed Matt directly.

And yes, I started this quest hoping I'd be able to stay local with this,
partly because of the great engagement Crocker has with this community.

--David