[Hidden-tech] Old Mac OS X disc needed

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Sat Mar 19 16:39:03 EDT 2011

I have an old ³Titanium PowerBook G4² -- from late 2000, I believe. It¹s
just old enough that the most recent Mac OS it can run is Tiger ‹ 10.4. I
bought and installed Tiger on this computer several years ago.
Unfortunately, while I still have the Tiger software box from Apple, the
disc itself is missing.

The PowerBook won¹t boot up ‹ probably a corruption in the OS. After after
digging out some vintage repair utility programs that were not able to solve
the problem (Disk Warrior, etc.), it seems that reinstalling Tiger is the
one thing that might allow me to boot up the computer and rescue some of my
daughter¹s files.

I am wondering if anyone would be willing to lend me a Mac OS X 10.4
installation disc. Looks like I could buy one on eBay for about $75 plus
shipping, but I don¹t really want to spend money on a computer that is on
its last legs. I just want to help her get the computer started in hopes it
can last until summer when she¹ll inherit a newer one.

Please let me know if you have such a disc you¹d be willing to lend out for
a day or so.

Thanks,

David