[Hidden-tech] Credit Card Payments

Clarity Data Services graham at claritydataservices.com
Wed Jun 29 11:27:09 EDT 2011

Hello Hidden-Tech,

After ten years of freelance work, I've encountered my first client who must
pay with a credit card. Ironically, I've set up several payment gateways for
my own clients who wanted to accept online credit card payments, but I've
never encountered a situation where I needed to process a credit card
payment myself. My bank representative said "welcome to the real world".

The problem is that the work will amount to just a few thousand dollars over
a period of less than a year, and the system is geared toward businesses
with consistent volume over extended periods of time. Fees and penalties
associated with setting up a merchant account and processing terminal would
consume over a third of the money I expect to make.

Does anyone out there have any advice?

Thanks,
Graham

Graham Ridley