[Hidden-tech] Free anti-virus for PC?

Frank Aronson fsaronson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 08:44:12 EDT 2011

Naaz -

You'll want to download the latest version of Spybot, as it has changed (and
improved) significantly.  Their old EULA has unfortunately been scrapped due
to legalities.

Frank
On Jun 16, 2011 8:18 AM, "Naaz Hisseini" <soundshifter at aol.com> wrote:
> Thank you Frank, Kiernan, and Dan. I will go with Avast...(or maybe
Microsoft...shshsh.)

> I had to laugh! Microsoft is PC World's 3rd choice. My Microsoft
sensitivity stopped me from including it in my email.

> And, thank you Frank for the additional reminder to use anti malware as
well. I may still have spybot lurking on the system.

> Take care,
> Naaz
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On Jun 16, 2011, at 7:53 AM, Frank Aronson <fsaronson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Avast runs fairly light and is more than sufficient for your needs. I've
installed it on some older machines with no problems.

>> Another possibility is (and please, no hate mail!) Microsoft Security
Essentials. It's been very effective for me on a number of different
installations.

>> You also may want to consider an anti-malware program. Two good choices
are Spybot S&D and SuperAntiSpyware. No one AV program cuts it these days.
I've seen far too many systems get hit even while running an up-to-date AV
suite.