[Hidden-tech] Free anti-virus for PC?

Frank Aronson fsaronson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 07:53:21 EDT 2011

Avast runs fairly light and is more than sufficient for your needs.  I've
installed it on some older machines with no problems.

Another possibility is (and please, no hate mail!) Microsoft Security
Essentials.  It's been very effective for me on a number of different
installations.

You also may want to consider an anti-malware program.  Two good choices are
Spybot S&D and SuperAntiSpyware.  No one AV program cuts it these days.
I've seen far too many systems get hit even while running an up-to-date AV
suite.

Hope this helps,
Frank