[Hidden-tech] Software Developer - Employment Opportunity Northampton, MA

Ray Smalley raysmalley at venplan.com
Mon Jun 6 14:25:55 EDT 2011

Job Description - Software Developer

Title:
Software Developer (Full-time position in Northampton, MA)

Myers Information Systems, Inc. is seeking a developer to join our team and contribute to our line of software applications for the media distribution and broadcast industry. This includes designing, implementing, testing, documenting, and maintaining software and database structures throughout the product lifecycle.

We are seeking a self-motivated individual with strong written and oral communication skills who enjoys problem-solving both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.  The successful candidate may look forward to many opportunities for professional growth, working in the dynamic and rapidly evolving broadcast industry. Our work environment is casual, with occasional travel for conferences, training or client meetings.

Responsibilities:
*             Assist other developers in conceptualizing and implementing new software features and functionality for our existing ProTrack product lines
*             Work with customers, vendors and support personnel to identify problems and solutions.  Perform general debugging and code maintenance.
*             Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications
*             Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines
*             Install software updates to customer installations
*             Capture requirements, implement, test & document user customization requests
*             Perform other duties as assigned

POSITION REQUIREMENTS

Formal Education & Certification:
*             College degree in the field of computer science, and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.

Knowledge & Experience:
*             Development experience with a procedural programming language in a production environment
*             Hands on experience working in an integrated development environment
*             Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
*             Solid understanding of SQL and relational databases
*             Working knowledge of current internet technologies such as XML and web services
*             Experience with Java, FourJ's Genero, Subversion, Jasper Reports, and shell scripting a PLUS
*             Familiarity with the media/broadcast industry a PLUS

Additional Information:
*             Salary: DOE; Competitive, with Full benefits - including medical and 401k
*             Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
*             Please, no phone calls about this job or solicitations for other services, products or commercial interests.
*             Myers Information Systems, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
*             www.myersinfosys.com

If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: employment at myersinfosys.com<mailto:employment at myersinfosys.com>
Salary is competitive, please state your requirements.