[Hidden-tech] Boingo.com

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Wed Jun 1 06:59:32 EDT 2011

>Depending on the hotel you stay at, it might be cheaper than the hotel's wifi
>service. (many are still charging, and charging really high rates.)

Two tips for hotel Internet:

1. Pack an Ethernet cable. I have stayed in several that charged for
wi-fi but not for in-room plug-in.

2. If you just want to quickly check your e-mail as opposed to doing
serious work online, many hotels have a no-charge public computer
area with a machine or three, and they are not much used. You won't
want to spend several hours there, but you can get through your
important messages.

3. Ask when you make your reservation. A lot of hotels (especially
independent ones with only one or two locations) are offering
complementary wi-fi these days. If they charge, ask if they charge
again for Intenet in the conference rooms (Nasty but common)

Of course, as the owner of FrugalFun.com, I typically stay in a
private home anyway. ;-)

Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/ shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/
Books: http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html