[Hidden-tech] Announcing the TeleWeb Standards Consortium

Ted Williams theo.s.williams at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 22:58:02 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I and some others are endeavoring to create here in the valley and
around the world the TeleWeb Standards Consortium, or TSC.  The TSC will
be a non-profit gathering of technologists and television / film
production artists with the mission of creating the sciences and arts of
the TeleWeb.  All technologies of the TSC are being developed with open
specifications and as open source software.

The TeleWeb is a hypervideo based web to be deployed on the TV set.
Hypervideo is a highly interactive yet production quality form of
video.  It is browsable, interactive, nonlinear, and intelligent.
Standard linear content will also be available on the TeleWeb in
abundance, and will be available on-demand to the global consumer.  The
TeleWeb will level the playing field and give even the small independent
production artist a global reach to which he can sell his content at a
decent profit.

Since the TSC is being founded here in the valley, I would like to
invite contact from any technologists (particularly programmers) and
production artists that would like to be involved.  We need the
technologists to build the system, and the artists to define the art
form and drive the technologists with requirements.  I also invite
contact from any valley business persons that may be interested in
exploring this effort.

Any interested parties please contact me at ted.williams at tscweb.tv (do
not reply to this email.)  I will forward you a white paper that
explains the TeleWeb in detail.

Thank you all for your time.  I look forward to your replies.

Regards,
Ted Williams, Founder
TeleWeb Standards Consortium