[Hidden-tech] Firm to hire to try and hack our system

B. Kimo Lee bklee at azurelink.com
Tue Jul 5 06:09:42 EDT 2011

Morning Andrew,

You can certainly follow through on hiring a cracker to break in to your company server.

But, in my opinion, the place to begin — if you haven't already done so — is to set up a contract with a company that does quarterly PCI compliance scanning, such as ControlScan, SecurityMetrix, or McAfee Secure. They'll scan your server, issue you a report and you can have your IT person implement any necessary server software upgrades and/or patches required to meet PCI compliance. You can certainly setup your plan to scan your server more frequently, if needed.

Best,
Kimo

AZURELINK  ::  "Simply Connected!"
Web Site Design & Scalable, Managed Web Hosting
Joomla! Content Management System Implementation
eCommerce Development
321 Main Street, Suite 4
Amherst, MA 01002
(413) 549-2020