[Hidden-tech] Help needed setting up Micro-finance NGO in Africa

Will Loving will at dedicationtechnologies.com
Fri Jan 21 17:58:13 EST 2011

A friend of mine in Zambia has been running a charitable organization there
for some years that does many things including providing computers and
technology support to schools and NGOs, training farmers, and doing training
and making small business loans for entrepreneurs. He is now working to
start a micro-finance NGO in Zambia and has received preliminary permission
from the Zambian Gov't to create a bank in Zambia. He also has a 501(c)(3)
established in the US.

I'm am trying to assist him with locating resources, connections and
assistance in pursuing this project and doing it in a way that is successful
and avoid the mistakes of other organizations that have gone before.
Personally, I think they should be partnering with an existing organization,
but I don't have enough background or familiarity with the field to know
where to start or who to talk to.

If anyone has connections, local or otherwise, who deal in the world of NGO
micro-finance, please contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Will

--

William M. Loving