[Hidden-tech] IgniteAmherst : Making Stuff - Tuesday 2/8 @ 7pm

Baer Tierkel baer at sweetmojo.com
Wed Jan 19 13:47:45 EST 2011

Hey Valley Peeps

We're putting on our 2nd IgniteAmherst on Tuesday, February 8th @ 7pm.  We're holding at the Eric Carle Museum in Amherst.

An Ignite is a fast-paced, thought-provoking, social, local, global evening of fun.  A high-energy evening of 5-minute talks by local people who have an idea - and the guts to get onstage and share it with their hometown crowd.  Ignites are held in cities around the world.

Our theme this time around is "Making Stuff".  Our valley is steeped in a rich history of making stuff, from the straw hat industry of Amherst to the mills of Holyoke and Springfield and Northampton.  That tradition of the MAKER continues today, much of it under the radar.  We'll hear thought-provoking Ignites from folks Making Stuff in our valley, with the audiences lively involvement.

IgniteAmherst will most likely sell out.  Tickets are free(!), but you'll most likely need one to get in.  Get yours here:
http://igniteamherst.eventbrite.com/

IgniteAmherst (Please give us a 'Like'!)
http://www.facebook.com/igniteamherst

Videos of Last Year's IgniteAmherst:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ignite+amherst&aq=f

Ignite Around the Globe:
http://ignite.oreilly.com/

Location: Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
http://www.facebook.com/CarleMuseum?v=wall

IgniteAmherst is pulled together by provocateurs Baer Tierkel, Katrin Verclas, and Joseph Steig.  Great thanks to the Eric Carle Museum for providing a [great] venue.

We're looking forward to seeing y'all!
Baer, Katrin & Joseph

Baer Tierkel   |   baer at otalo.com   |    blog.otalo.com   |   twitter: @otalo

Otalo.com - Find your perfect Vacation Rental
Localocracy.org - Your online Town Common
CrosscutMedia.com - Finding events that bring you joy
RedPlumTechnology.com - Juicy, ripe software