[Hidden-tech] sources for volunteer web designer

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 13:47:50 EST 2011

other than www.grassroots.org ?

I know you get what you pay for, but the Buckland MA Historical Society
has a near zero budget and I don't think the volunteer assigned to me at
Grassroots will be able to deliver a decent site, judging from his
portfolio. Joomla/Civi CRM integrated preferred, but other CMS's and
options fine too. I have an outline of goals & functionalities. Domain
secured and DNS transferred to Grassroots free hosting and ready for CMS
to be installed.

I pretty much just need the skeleton set up and I'll fill with copy content.

Alternately, gonna google around for grant sources I might apply for so
I can hire one of you. Or join our membership for $5? a year and maybe
we can get there in a decade or so.

I'd do it myself, but I know just enough to be dangerous.

See you at Drupal camp this weekend. I'll be the tall girl on crutches.

Stacy Kontrabecki