[Hidden-tech] Quickbooks Alternatives

Naaz Hosseini naazhosseini at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 09:56:52 EST 2011

Hi Pat and others,

I'd like to piggyback on Fred's question.  I have 22 years of bookkeeping on Quicken on my old PC.  When I bought a Mac a year ago, I kept my PC just for my accounts.  I'd like to get rid of the PC but not the records.

If I switched to something like Account Edge for Mac, any ideas how I could maintain access to my Quicken for PC accounts as needed?  Or easily  transfer them to the Mac software?  The latter seems unlikely.  I don't particularly want to partition my iMac hard drive but am open to thoughts about that if there isn't another solution.

Thank you for any help.

Naaz Hosseini, MA, LP

Private Practice
Individuals, Couples, Groups
Psychotherapy & Voice Empowerment

Practicum Supervisor
Department of Counseling & Clinical Psychology
Teachers College Columbia University

Faculty and Supervisor
Gestalt Center for Psychotherapy and Training

Email: naaz at naazhosseini.com
Web: naazhosseini.com
Tel: 845.353.1974

This e-mail, including attachments, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.  Thank you.