[Hidden-tech] gmail "quirks"

Peter Jaros peter.a.jaros at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 13:59:37 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Edbride-PR <Ed at edbride-pr.com> wrote:

> If gmail doesn't recognize dots in usernames, do they nonetheless allow
> people to signup for an address with a dot in it? And, if they don't, then
> are you saying that they have registered two people with identical
> usernames?

No; while Google will store the canonical version of the name to
display, you can log in with as many dots as you like.  The names
refer to the same account.  My guess is that Gyepi is right: the other
account is a similar name which someone has wrong.  Maybe
<tom.addams at gmail.com>?

Although, Tom, you said that you've emailed with the other Tom Adams,
so maybe Google made a mistake.

Peter