[Hidden-tech] buying and upgrading a Macbook Pro

Chris Landry chrislandry100 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 08:35:57 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new 15" MBP and I need it to be powerful enough for video editing.

A friend suggested getting a pretty basic one from the Apple refurb store and then upgrading the RAM to 8GB and swapping out the drive for a solid state drive, which he said is the best way to increase processing speed with video. But I don't know where to start. 2.35Ghz with Intel Core i5? 2.7Ghz with Intel Core i7? Quad core?

What would you do to get the most for $1,500 to $2,000?

Thanks!

Chris

Chris Landry
Landry Communications