[Hidden-tech] Anyone else help save Mozilla? CALL ME

Amy Zuckerman azinternational36 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 16:11:12 EST 2011

Hi Hidden Techies,

Curious if anyone else saw this notice from Mozilla on the Web and answered
it.  I find it fascinating - a very strong organizing tool - at least
potentially.

Please CALL ME DIRECTLY at 253-4124 to chat or meet about this and any
other WEB-BASED ORGANIZING TOOL YOU OUT THERE.

Re the tools, please post to the list.

best,

Amy Zuckerman

Hidden Tech founder
Principal, A - Z International Associates, Amherst, Mass.
Founder Valleywood (r) Productions
Owner of the GREENWAYS (r) and FOOTPRINT trademarks

*Our Story*

[image: The Mozilla Story:
video]<https://donate.mozilla.org/page/m/29b5e2d3/6a8aed19/177a91d7/5c89fe7a/1849775075/VEsH/>
Mozilla is building a Web that is a force for good in the world.

[image: Watch Now]<https://donate.mozilla.org/page/m/29b5e2d3/6a8aed19/177a91d7/5c89fe7a/1849775075/VEsE/>

Hi Amy,

The Web was created as a force for good — and every day, Mozilla is making
sure it stays that way by building choice, innovation and opportunity into
everything we do. Over the past few weeks, we've seen what can happen when
the Web comes under fire.

As the US Congress debated legislation that would jeopardize the basic
structure of the Internet under the guise of stopping online piracy,
supporters of the open Web rallied in an unprecedented display of support. *You
were a major part of that — thank you! *

The campaign to preserve the Internet will be long, and we are proud to
have you by our side. Millions of people know Mozilla Firefox. But our
commitment to building a better Web goes far beyond that.

Fighting back against legislation like the *Stop Online Piracy Act* and the
*Protect IP Act* is one way we're doing that. But today I want to share
three amazing projects, which I hope will give you an idea of the scope of
our work and how you can continue to be involved.

First, check out our new video, *The Mozilla Story*. From the beginning,
Mozilla was different — dedicated to making the Web a safe, open and
accessible tool for communication, collaboration and community. This video
tells the story of how Mozilla helped shape the Web we know today — and how
we're going beyond Firefox to do even
more.<https://donate.mozilla.org/page/m/29b5e2d3/6a8aed19/177a91d7/5c89fe7a/1849775075/VEsF/>

The future of the Web and the future of learning are deeply intertwined,
and Mozilla is at the leading edge of combining both to fuel creativity and
innovation. Our new book, Learning, Freedom and the
Web<https://donate.mozilla.org/page/m/29b5e2d3/6a8aed19/177a91d7/5c89fe7d/1849775075/VEsC/>,
was born out of the 2010 Mozilla Festival — it's the beginning of a
conversation that we hope you'll join. To thank you for being a part of the
Mozilla community, we've made it available to read online or as a free
download — you can do either
here.<https://donate.mozilla.org/page/m/29b5e2d3/6a8aed19/177a91d7/5c89fe7d/1849775075/VEsD/>

And finally, Mozilla recently teamed up with the National Science
Foundation to launch a one-of-a-kind innovation challenge to dream, design
and build the Web of the future. Through our Mozilla Ignite Apps
Challenge<https://donate.mozilla.org/page/m/29b5e2d3/6a8aed19/177a91d7/5c89fe7c/1849775075/VEsA/>,
launching in January, we are inviting the world to design and build the
cutting-edge Web apps of the future — and giving them access to a screaming
fast, smart network (and funding) to do so. Click here to learn more about
Mozilla Ignite.<https://donate.mozilla.org/page/m/29b5e2d3/6a8aed19/177a91d7/5c89fe7c/1849775075/VEsB/>

I'm really excited about where Mozilla is going to go next. We're creating
new technologies and services to make the Web better. And we're working to
build a generation of Web makers by collaborating with other like-minded
people to create awesome things on the Web.

As we approach the new year, we'll need your continued support — more than
ever — to continue to shape and protect the Web we all love.

*Thank you.*

Sincerely,

Mark

--