[Hidden-tech] PC to TV Connection

Matt Kostek mekostek at charter.net
Wed Dec 7 08:02:23 EST 2011

Hey David.

Yeah I have tried this, and it works okay, but if you are looking to do
stuff like Netflix on it, there are better solutions out there such as
just buying a low end PS3 or Xbox 360. They offer a blu-ray player and
Netflix software for around 200 bucks for the systems. They hook up via
HDMI too, so the quality is better than the VGA. If you wish to go the
route of using the laptop for other sites like Hulu, I would suggest
just ordering at least a good, decent VGA cable from a place like
Monoprice.com their cables are good quality and the cost for the cable
and shipping are dirt cheap. Of course investing in a good wireless
keyboard and mouse would be a given,since I doubt you two want to get up
all of the time to change the website, adjust settings, etc.

-Matt