[Hidden-tech] How can clueless client update website

B. Melville bobbimelville at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 23:12:55 EDT 2011

I have a small theatrical group that wants me to rewrite their
website so that they can easily change information and add photos by
themselves on the fly. However, and it seems to be a big however,
nobody in their group knows anything about html, php, etc. Although
brilliant at what they do, they are completely and totally helpless
when it comes to code.

I've considered doing something with Wordpress. However, there are
many places on their website that they want to be able to change and
you can only have one blog associated with a Wordpress website. I've
been thinking about having several blogs that each feed into a
separate iframe on separate pages of their standard html
(non-wordpress) website. This seems cumbersome.

I've also considered doing editable regions on their website. The
problem with this is that they do not have Dreamweaver. They need to
be able to make changes without using an expensive program.

Does anybody have any ideas about how I could set up this site for them?