[Hidden-tech] List Servs

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Tue Apr 26 22:51:52 EDT 2011

1st off let's get something clear - 'List Serv' is a specific program:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LISTSERV
And it is very unlikely you want a listServ since it runs on a mainframe - the old style,
or at least did -- this is a common mis-use of the term
(sorry - but this bugs me no end - it's like calling a copier a xerox)

What you really want sounds like a emailing list program - and more then that, a hosted
mailing list program,
to be fully clear - what you are looking for is for 2 directional messages - to the
audience and allowing anyone
to reply to all others.

Most such programs are intended for use on your own servers -- in the HT case, we (TNR
Global/Thrives Media)
runs Mailman on our servers, two other popular onces are Major Domo and Sympa.

A number of local companies offer these hosted, I will leave it to others to give their
experiences with
running hosted email list services.

Rich/webmaster

--