[Hidden-tech] Exporting IMac Address Book to CSV or similar file for use on a PC

Karen Blinderman kbmail at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 03:57:51 EDT 2010

Hello everyone - I have a client who wants me to do a mailing . we want to
export his Apple Address Book for use on my PC - as a CSV file which can
then be opened by M/S Excel. This apparently is not available through the
export feature within Address Book: there are two choices - create an
archive file or export as v-cards. And neither allows for exporting as a CSV
file type. This is not a new challenge, as apparently others have been
looking to do this for years. There are downloadable utilities available;
and someone suggested dragging v-cards (either individually or groups) onto
the Apple Numbers spreadsheet - but that doesn't seem to work well.

Any suggestions? The client is savvy but not overly, and is only available
for another day or two before traveling.

Thanks,

Karen B

KayBee Marketing Resources

West Springfield