[Hidden-tech] Saving Voice Mails from Cell phone to Computer.....

dstevens at tryandfindit.com dstevens at tryandfindit.com
Thu Sep 16 22:48:50 EDT 2010

Hey All,

thank you for all of your ideas..... with that, and some google
searching... this is what I came up with.
Nothing fancy, and it's FREE!

1. I have a Plantronics headset and microphone, hooked that up to my
Windows XP Media Center Laptop
2. Turned on my cell phone, put my cell on speaker phone, opened up my
voice messages,
3. Positioned my microphone near my cell phone speaker
4. Played my voice mails from my cell phone, while recording with
Windows "Sound Recorder"
(Start, Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Sound Recorder)

Works!

I had to go on to Utube to figure out how to extend the 60 second
playing time because some of my daughters' messages were rather long
winded.....
To extend the recording time: You basically record (nothing in my case)
for 60 seconds, then click on "Edit" "Copy" and it adds another 60
seconds to make it 120. then click on "Edit" "Copy" and it adds another
60 seconds to make it 180.... and so on. Save the file, (I called them
120.wav or 180.wav depending on length so I could remember how much time
I had) then use this file to record your longer messages instead of the
default.wav file that only allows you to record for 60 seconds.

Thanks again, I know I can always find the answers with you ALL!!!

Have a Great Evening!

don

TFI Enterprises
Donald M. Stevens