[Hidden-tech] audio cassette to mp3 or flac

Matt Lampiasi mattl at florenceit.net
Fri Sep 10 11:39:38 EDT 2010

  Anyone out there doing this reasonably priced? Ive done a few myself
but its seriously time consuming. I want to get rid of all these
cassettes after ripping the best ones to 320kbps mp3.

I would likely have a few dozen ripped if priced right. maybe up to 50
or 100 tapes. many are live, so autosplit software might not work so
great - the ones ive tried couldnt handle it.

also once im done ill have a couple hundred grateful dead shows, and a
similar number of varied artists (60's, 70's,80's and 90's rock and
jazz, mostly rock) on cassette available for free if anyone's interested.

this does not need to be audiophile or professional grade. line out to
line in with a good quality clean cassette deck and sheilded cables is
completely good enough as long as i can get separate mp3's for each song
and basic mp3 folder naming of artist/album.

--
Thank you <http://florenceit.net/articles/32-free-kill-a-watt>,

Matt Lampiasi
Florence I.T. -    413-584-3239