[Hidden-tech] Google Docs & Versioning

eac2222 at gmail.com eac2222 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 14:26:31 EST 2010

>I'm just starting to do the content for a Web site. There will be
>four people involved in the project and I'm wondering if this is the
>time to use Google Docs (or something similar).

If your collaborators are used to the versioning available under
Microsoft Word, they'll find that Google Docs doesn't offer the all
the tools of Word versioning, or look just the same.  But Google Docs
gives you the basics -- seeing earlier versions, reverting to earlier
versions, and highlighting the changes from a previous version; and
it's fairly clear how to use it.

And of course it makes collaborating *much* easier than emailing
around Word files, and keeping track of who has the right to edit,
and reconciling parallel revisions when that inevitably happens.

Test it, see if you, at least, like it.  It's better than manual
versioning, anyway  :-)

--
Eric A. Cohen   |   FloCo -- Florence Communication
eac2222 at gmail.com