[Hidden-tech] Please recommend MP3 player for tech-shy person

Marcia Yudkin yudkinyudkin at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 09:32:54 EST 2010

Hi there,

I would like to buy an MP3 player for someone who is not very good with gadgets.  It has to be:

* extremely easy to use

* have controls that are accessible for someone with imperfect eyesight and finger coordination

* compatible with library audiobooks

* a price tag of $100 or less would be nice

She will use it for listening to audiobooks, not music.

Think of something you would recommend for someone who has mastered use of a cell phone and regular email/browsing on a computer and very little more complicated than that.

Most of the MP3 players I have seen have hard to manage, unlabeled buttons and overly techy instructions or no instructions.  The one I bought as a gift for my sister two years ago turned out to be incompatible with Audible.com and public library audiobooks.  This is for someone else, but I don't want to make a similar mistake!

Thanks,

Marcia Yudkin
Goshen