[Hidden-tech] Online marketing regulations re: kids-minors

Jeff Rutherford jeff at jeffrutherford.com
Sun Nov 7 10:32:03 EST 2010

Has anyone on Hidden Tech ever built, managed, run a website targeted to kids, and are you familiar with the specific regulations governing sites designed for kids?

I've read the FTC info governing this. But, I'm not clear about the technology behind getting verification from adults. I'm pondering the idea of an email newsletter for kids. All the info that I need will be emails. I'm not interested in names or any other info, and I won't be "renting" or "sharing" the list with any other company.

My question is 1) do I need adult verification to obtain an email, and 2) if I do need verification, what's the simplest, most effective, technology for getting that verification via automated emails. I certainly don't have the time or interest in trying to manually review verification.

Jeff

Jeff Rutherford
413-475-0087
jeff at jeffrutherford.com