[Hidden-tech] Virtual machine manager for Windows 7, Debian

Town Websites townwebsites at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 13:51:00 EDT 2010

Can anybody recommend a virtual machine manager that will work well with
Windows 7 and Debian?  This is for a desktop application, though the Debian
virtual machines will be mirroring a virtual private server and acting as a
sandbox development and test environment.

I've tried using the Windows 7 "Virtual PC" but when I get to the install
step for Debian, after the initial installer screen displays and I select an
install option, the vitual machine shuts down. I've seen a few references on
the web to people installing Ubuntu on Virtual PC but can't find any
in-depth tutorials or references.

Next likely candidate I'll try is VMware player.  I've got Windows 7
Professional 64 bit and use Debian 5.

Any insights, references, etc?  Thanks -

Charlie Heath

Town Website