[Hidden-tech] hope to see you at our Google Analytics event this Wednesday the 31st

Jon Reed jonreed at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 29 16:30:55 EDT 2010

Hey folks - well, weather intervened when we
tried to do this program in February but we
should be in good shape on March 31st for our
Google Analytics event on Wednesday the 31st with
Derek Allard of Gravity Switch.

Everything nice I said about Derek Allard the
last time I sent this email out still
stands......but since I posted that I actually
had the chance to sit down with Derek and go over
one of my web sites from a search engine/Google
Analytics perspective. I learned a lot, and can
definitely say that it's worth the time to learn
as much as possible about what Analytics can do
and its lessons on  content and lead generation.

I'll paste in my previous email with current
event information below. Hope to see you there.

best regards,

Jon Reed, Hidden-Tech Board Member

"Hey folks -

If you're on the fence about the program this
Wednesday maybe this email will be the
encouragement you need to make it happen. I know
that for my clients, figuring out how to track
and measure the impact of social media and
promotional campaigns on web site traffic and
product conversions has become a priority. I
expect Derek to have excellent content for us on this topic.

Derek Allard, our presenter, has been a long time
Hidden-Tech supporter, and has always brought a
collaborative spirit and good web counsel to any
Hidden-Tech event he has attended (Thanks Derek!)
I should also mention for those of you on
Twitter, Derek has a good Twitter presence also. http://twitter.com/derekallard

Hope to see you this Wednesday!"

Hidden-Tech Presents:
USING GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO IMPROVE YOUR WEBSITE

When: Wednesday, March 31, 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. (program 6 to 7:30)

Where: Media Education Foundation, Community
Room, Northampton, MA
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=60+masonic+st,+northampton,+ma+01060&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=54.884801,113.203125&ie=UTF8&ll=42.320716,-72.633147&spn=0.00633,0.013819&z=16&iwloc=addr>map

Refreshments: Snack provided, drinks and
sandwiches can be purchased from Woodstar Café next door

Suggested donation at the door: $10

For More information: <http://www.hidden-tech.net>www.hidden-tech.net

The days of having a website to have a website
have come and gone. Today's websites are dynamic,
ever-changing environments centered around
objectives and goals. But how do you know if you
are meeting those goals? How do you know what
should be changed on your website? While many
businesses have Google Analytics installed on
their website many of them rarely look at the
data being gathered. For shame! The data gathered
by Google Analytics is invaluable when
considering revisions to your website. Among the
more useful pieces of information are:

* Most visited pages
* Least visited pages
* Where your visitors are located
* How your visitors are finding your website
* Your bounce rate (how many people visit your site and immediately leave)
* Your best referrers

All of this information (and more) can then be
used to adapt your website to better achieve your
goals and also help you with determining if your
marketing dollars are well spent. The data
gathered by Google Analytics is invaluable, and I
want to show you how to make the most of it!

About our presenter:

Derek Allard recently joined Gravity Switch as a
programmer where he brings a passion for
standards based website design. He has experience
working on large scale projects as part of a team
as well as working independently with small
businesses and non-profit organizations. He stays
current with best practices for website coding by
reading books and blogs and listening to
podcasts. He also spends considerable time each
month analyzing client websites using Google
Analytics as his primary tool and offers
suggestions for website improvements based on
this analysis. Derek graduated magna cum laude
from Franklin Pierce College with a B.A in
English. He also holds multiple certifications
for website design from his post graduate studies.