[Hidden-tech] Is buying a used PC worth it?

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Thu Mar 25 16:04:06 EDT 2010

outforreelfilms wrote:
> I was told that I should get a PC to use for QuickBooks since the
> Apple version is not that great. Any suggestions on the cheapest way I
> can get a used PC that is reliable? I will only be using it for the
> current  version of QuickBooks. Thanks for your help!

If you have an Intel Mac, you already have one. ;-)

You just need the software to set it up -- Parallels, VMWare, or
VirtualBox (pop those three in google), and an appropriate license and
install media for Windows. The advantage of doing it that way is then
the ease of transferring between the two, one system for all rather than
the clutter of two pieces of hardware with monitors, keyboards, etc.

I think most people prefer not to use Bootcamp, because they don't want
to have to reboot their system to jump between Mac and PC and back. The
other products tend to play leapfrog with each other. I think maybe
VMWare has the current edge.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-