[Hidden-tech] What conference system can do this?

Marcia Yudkin yudkinyudkin at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 11:02:06 EST 2010

--- On Fri, 3/12/10, Noah Smith <noahwsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

That's a lot to ask for no-cost. Assuming you are using it for commercial purposes, if you have more than 100 people on board why would you not want to be paying for some level of decent quality? Free isn't always better -- in fact, it is almost always worse!

~Noah

Actually, FreeConferenceCall.com does several of these things well, for free:

* Finishes and saves the recording if the last caller accidentally hangs up

Yes, as long as you started the recording correctly to begin with.

* Archives the recordings so those who have access can  listen at

their leisure--and does not overwrite the call with the next call

No, but it takes less than 15 minutes to download a recording and upload it to another download address.  I use box.net for posting all my audio recordings.

* Can have at least five people unmuted with good sound quality

Yes.

* Can take 100 muted people or more

No, their lines go up to 98 callers only, but the same company has a larger version of their free service that can handle a large group and that I imagine works much the same way.

Marcia Yudkin
Goshen
Veteran Teleseminar Leader
http://www.yudkin.com/teleteach.htm