[Hidden-tech] DSL vs cable internet for office

Don Swyers dswyers at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 11:16:40 EST 2010

I hate sound reiterate what has been said, but I would go with Comcast.  I have had a high speed Internet connection for over a dozen years and clearly think cable is better. I currently have Version DSL and will change  back to Comcast as soon as I can afford it.  With DSL it does make a large difference how far you are from the 'hub'.  Although I pay for 'up to 3mbs'  I actually get 1/2 that.  "Fine print - up to".  Because I am far away from them I get the lower service.  When I tried to drop it to a lower service, 5 nights out of 5 I lost service.  I would have to call their support (which is not very good) and have to have them 'run a test' which seemed to open up the service, till the next night.   When I went back to the higher service I have been fine without a problem.  But I did not call tech support for cable in 10 years of cable service as I did in one week with Verizon.

In general I would go with cable (unless you can get the new fiber optic service).

 Donald G Swyers
dswyers at yahoo.com
(413) 585-0356 [home]
(860) 922-9837 [Cell]