[Hidden-tech] Buying mailing lists

Roger Williams roger at qux.com
Thu Mar 4 12:41:34 EST 2010

  > Does anyone have a source to recommend for buying targeted mailing lists
  > for North America. I get lots of spam from people wanting to sell me lists...

I really don't intend this as a flame, but what difference is there between
spam and sending mail to a "targeted" mailing list?

Speaking for myself, all unsolicited mail is spam unless it's coming from a
specific organisation whose mailing list I opted into.  I contribute quite a
lot to non-profits, and all of these organisations understand that I ever
found that they had sold my email address, I would never deal with them again,
and would raise a stink.

Given that most for-profit and non-profit organisations are sensitive to that
issue, what chance is there of finding a "targeted" mailing list of any real
value?

--
Roger Williams <roger at qux.com>
Chief Technical Officer, Qux Corporation