[Hidden-tech] Thanks to all those great Web designers - curious about the new generation/work expectations

Jeanne Yocum Jeanne at yourghostwriter.com
Thu Mar 4 10:54:29 EST 2010

Hi,

I have worked with six or eight college students and those fresh out of
college over the past six years on various book projects. I have found them
without exception to be intelligent, hard working and very interested in
doing well. One of these people, who was doing research for me, did leave in
the middle of the job when she found full-time employment at the other end
of the state. But I couldn't exactly blame her for that; I would have done
the same thing in her position.

The Boston PR firm that I subcontract with regularly has a constant stream
of interns with whom I also get to interact. I have had no bad experiences
with them either.  One intern who was helping us with the book on launching
new products that I ghostwrote for the agency's owner was hired full-time
and is playing a significant role in our plans for marketing the book. He is
a terrific young man.

I currently am trying to help the 20-something nephew of one of my friends
find a job in PR in Boston. I have consistently been impressed with this
young man's communication skills and with his politeness and the gratitude
he shows toward those of us who are trying to help him. He has been a
pleasure to get to know.

So, in summary, my experiences with this generation have been nothing but
positive.

Best,

Jeanne Yocum
Tuscarora Communications, Ltd.