[Hidden-tech] New Verizon Cell Phones?

Alan Hurwitz ahalink at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 11:12:23 EST 2010

Esteemed colleagues,
Though the pre-Blackberry cell phone I have seems to give me most of what I need, including access to e-mail, we have decided to bite the bullet and move up to a next level of cell phones with our new contract. We've pretty much decided to stay with Verizon as a carrier, so iPhones are out, at least for the moment, rumors of new alliances notwithstanding.

So given all of these givens (comments welcome on those also), I am deciding between getting a Blackberry (like my favorite President), either mechanical or touch-screen key pad, or the newer Droid, with Google connections. (The expensive one has both types of key pads.) The Blackberry seems more solid and tried-and-true, but there was something about talking to the Droid (I think asking directions), and having it respond, that deeply moved me in some superficial way. I'm, as they say, in dilemma.

I'd appreciate any thoughts, or even better personal experience, plus or minus, with any of these products from this savvy and perceptive group.

Thanks so much!
Alan Hurwitz