[Hidden-tech] Google Voice?

Jeremy Cole JCole at veritechmedia.com
Thu Jun 17 14:57:00 EDT 2010

A Google Voice number means that you need to give out a new number to your clients. It also means that when you make a call, your current number, for your cell phone for instance, will be what your clients see, not the Google Voice number, unless you use the Google VOIP option, which has spotty call quality and takes a bit longer to initiate a call based on the extra numbers you have to dial.

If you use an Android OS based cell Phone, it is pretty well integrated. If you use an iPhone, Google Voice  is a web based app, since Apple kicked them out of the app store, so it is not as well integrated.

I use it for voice mail and rough text transcriptions. It also allows me to custom tailor the outgoing message for specific lists of clients in my contact list instead of having one message for all callers, which is pretty cool.

...Jeremy