[Hidden-tech] New security software

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Tue Jul 13 11:42:40 EDT 2010

Many thanks to those who responded to my questions about a replacement for
(1) Microsoft Live OneCare and (2) F-Secure. There are a lot of great
solutions out there (or at least solutions that work). I have followed the
advice/suggstions of Dave Wolff and James Triplett, installing Microsoft's
own replacement for OneCare, Security Essentials, which is free.

The download was uneventful, and things seem to be working well. The system
is performing as well as it was pre-F-Secure.

One complication: since uninstalling F-Secure, when I open my browser I am
met with an error message that says:
    Library FSLAPI.dll not found. Error 1.
The fact that the error message starts with FS makes me wonder if it related
to F-Secure, so I'm exploring that path. Has anyone on the list experienced
this annoyance, and know how to get rid of it?

Thanks again,
Ed