[Hidden-tech] Sata Hard Drives

Craig Sinclair media at actvamherst.com
Thu Jan 28 15:40:59 EST 2010

My co-worker just asked me a Q about Sata drives that I couldn’t
answer, I was wondering if any H-Ters could:

So I have a WD 1tb sata drive (model wd10eacs) that I pulled out of a

usb2.0 mybook enclosure. I want to buy a new e/sata enclosure for it.

At the same time, I need to buy an e/sata pci express card that will

be installed in an xp machine.

I am unsure of the compatibility between the  hard

drive/enclosure/connector cable/card. I want them to work together and

also get the best transfer speed possible. I attempted to teach myself

using good ol' wikipedia, but am still confused due to there being so

many standards (esata, esatap, sata 300, sata 600, sata 150 etc)

Cheers

Craig

Craig Sinclair
Community Media Coordinator