[Hidden-tech] Full-Time Design Position

Peter Pelland plpelland at pelland.com
Sat Jan 23 09:29:01 EST 2010

Pelland Advertising seeks a full-time graphic design professional with
multi-tasking skills that match design and layout skills. We have a total of
just under 200 client websites that we have produced, host, and maintain ...
in addition to several of our own company websites. Our current growth is
taxing our in-house ability to keep up with the demand for our services, to
the extent that we have been turning away some projects and can no longer
simply rely upon a network of freelance professionals. Our work is equally
split between website development and four-color process collateral
advertising production, so we need somebody with experience and a comfort
zone in both RGB and CMYK.

Our work relies upon our ability to sometimes turn sows ears into silk
purses in Photoshop, where the strength of overall design must be frequently
relied upon to compensate for any shortcomings in the typically
client-supplied photography. Many of our clients consist of seasonal outdoor
resorts, with many others devoted to online commerce. Our sites are
primarily built using conventional HTML, sometimes enhanced with Flash, and
our claim to fame is in the production of sites that excel graphically, are
user-friendly, and are the cornerstones of our small business clients'
marketing programs.

Please visit our site and our online portfolio to learn more about our
company's philosophy, client base, and design style. We require a
professional who can hit the ground running and is fluent in HTML, CSS,
QuarkXPress 8.1, Photoshop CS4, and Flash CS4. You will need to be
comfortable working on a number of projects at any given time, with
priorities often evolving as the day progresses, in a production-oriented
environment where quality compromises are never on the table. The successful
candidate will also possess excellent writing and proofreading skills and be
comfortable working in the Windows and Linux environments. Maybe you know
how to do everything but generate new business. We have a packed schedule of
exciting new assignments, add to our client list on a weekly basis, and have
a Midwestern sales associate who is helping to orchestrate our growth well
beyond our base in the Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic States. Although you
may have never heard of our company, within our client industries we enjoy a
nationwide reputation and are looked upon as rock stars.

Pelland Advertising is a small business working out of a home-based setting
on a wooded hilltop in Haydenville. I started the company in 1980, so I
obviously think that this is a rewarding - and fun - work environment. If
you enjoy creative challenges and think that you could be an integral part
of a growing team, please send me your resume along with links to a
portfolio that will make me wonder why you haven't been working here all
along.

Peter Pelland
plpelland at pelland.com

Pelland Advertising
25 Depot Road, Haydenville, MA 01039-9716, USA
(413) 268-0100 / Fax: (413) 268-0173 / Toll-Free: 1 800 848-0501

http://pelland.com
http://blog.pelland.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/pelland