[Hidden-tech] Phone Service Alternatives?

Will Loving will at dedicationtechnologies.com
Tue Jan 5 09:15:42 EST 2010

Be aware that if you are using Comcast for TV, phone and internet, if you
drop even one of those, you loose your ³package² discount and everything
will cost more. I thought the package price applied if you had only two
services, so when we dropped basic cable ­ we get everything we want via
Hulu or Netflix at this point ­ our Comcast bill went up instead of down.

I do prefer Comcast voice, and at $50/month for two lines with all the
features it¹s a good deal, but you could just use Skype or a VOIP service
for calls, especially if you have a cell as backup. You could also consider
getting a Google Voice Number and working it that way ­ and I¹m pretty sure
that google voice will let you port your current number to a Google voice
number (though I¹ve heard it¹s very difficult or impossible to get if OFF
Google voice at this point in time).

Just keep in mind, you¹re going to be paying Comcast more for internet
service if that¹s all you have from them.

Will

Will Loving, President
Dedication Technologies, Inc.

--