[Hidden-tech] Studies/Surveys on Effectiveness of "Web 2.0"

eddygold at aol.com eddygold at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 23:52:13 EST 2010

Hey All,

Tish is right. Still early. There are some analytic firms trying to take the measure of social media/2.0 in terms of "business results," but I wouldn't take their numbers too seriously. Still, they are informative in a limited way, and the best we have to speculate from.

A few months ago I tried to give my small/medium business readers a sense of what's going on with all this 2.0 hoopla. (FYI: I'm a journalist and cover franchising.)

Anyway, I wrote an article and supplied a list of resources -- books, bloggers, websites, etc. (including local hero Ron Miller). There are some links to stats/metric sources at the bottom of the list.

Here are the links to the article and the list for anyone interested. It's kind of a beginner's list for business types (as well as for me as I explored the topic).

The article:    www.franchise-update.com/article/887/

Resources:    www.mufranchisee.com/article/872/

Also, for a great perspective on the social web, there's a new book I recommend by Jaron Lanier: You Are Not a Gadget. I'm only about 40 pages in so far and am finding it a refreshing antidote to all the rah-rah web 2.0 hype.

Hope this is helpful to all and sundry.

Eddy