[Hidden-tech] lacie extreme disk error messages

Kevin Phillips kevin at kpitconsulting.com
Fri Feb 26 14:15:17 EST 2010

The power brick often dies due to heat, it kills the capacitors in them and
the voltage becomes noisy and low.
You should take the drive out and mount it in a new enclosure and it should
be OK.
They tend to use lesser quality drives and run them hot and this kills the
drive itself too...I don't know why people think so highly of them, look
good but poor engineering in my humble opinion.

Kevin Phillips
KPIT Consulting
kevin at kpitconsulting.com
Office (413) 420-0212