[Hidden-tech] lacie extreme disk error messages

Tom Adams ~ Reelife Productions & Folktography tomadams at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 23:23:43 EST 2010

*Hello,*

*

*looks like my 1TB lacie backup "extreme disk" has finally decided to play
with my sanity. I tried runnin' apple's disk utility to no avail. The discs
icon shows up in the left panel but will not mount- here are the messages I
got:*

*=========*

*Verify and Repair volume “Time Machine _BU”*

Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.

Detected a case-sensitive catalog.

Checking Extents Overflow file.

Invalid leaf record count

(It should be 4500 instead of 4505)

Checking Catalog file.

>>Disk Utility stopped repairing “Time Machine _BU” because the following
error was encountered:

Filesystem verify or repair failed.

(It should be 4500 instead of 4505)

Checking Catalog file.

Invalid node structure

Volume check failed.

Error: Filesystem verify or repair failed.

*=============*

*
*

*anyone have any insight or suggestions about what I should do next. I know
that Lacie has had problems with the "extreme disks" power cords not giving
the units enough juice but this doesn't seem related at all.*

*
*

*trying not to wig out too much...but I do happen to have a A LOT of
important stuff on this drive. Help?*

Regards,

Tom Adams
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~