[Hidden-tech] Tuesday February 16th @ 6 PM - SQLSets demo and SharePoint 2010 Highlights

info at mstech.org info at mstech.org
Thu Feb 11 20:18:20 EST 2010

             6:00 - 6:30 PM
             SQL Sets overview by Mike Morris
              http://sqlsets.com/
             SQL Sets is an essential tool for Developers, Testers, Systems Analysts, DBAs and Auditors. SQL Sets allows you to quickly capture and organize snapshots of your SQL Server data into a single, self-contained file called a Portable Data Document. In conjunction with the free SQL Sets Reader, these files allow for easy sharing of and collaboration on relational data with team members and business partners, or simple saving and archiving for other purposes - with no need for a database connection or concerns about export formats.

            Some examples of how SQL Sets can help you. What is your Role? I'm a Developer. I'm a Tester/QA Analyst. I'm a Systems Analysts. I'm a Database Administrator. I'm an Auditor.

             6:30 - 8:00 PM
             Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Highlights by Craig Pilkenton
             SharePoint 2010 is the business collaboration platform that enables you to connect and empower people through formal and informal business communities, within the enterprise and beyond, and to manage content throughout the information lifecycle. Whether deployed on-premises or as hosted services, SharePoint’s integrated capabilities are enhanced by search technologies and enable you to rapidly respond to changing business needs by making data-driven decisions and by deploying customized solutions quickly and securely. The consolidation of collaboration solutions onto SharePoint 2010 makes it possible to cut costs by lowering training and maintenance expenses and increasing IT productivity, all within a governable and compliant platform.
             Craig Pilkenton is a SharePoint consultant for  EMC , and has been living in both the developer and IT Pro worlds for the last 13 years. During this time he has built many different business applications in C#, ASP.NET, TSQL, and Windows Powershell, along with supporting many Microsoft platforms such as SQL Server 2000/2005 with Reporting Services, Windows Servers, and most recently Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 installations. Craig is also an MCTP for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.