[Hidden-tech] Looking for home networking/wiring help

Jim Biancolo jim at biancolo.com
Tue Aug 3 16:30:01 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

I'm in Richmond, MA and am looking to hire somebody for a small home networking/wiring job.  If you're interested, please e-mail me directly at jim at biancolo.com.

The basic situation is this:  my cable and phone come to a panel in my basement. The cable goes off to various cable jacks in the house, and the phone goes off to various locations in the house, with a phone and DSL jack at each location. But my Internet comes in via cable, so what I want is to put my cable modem and little cheapo router in the basement where the service comes in,and rejigger the phone/DSL endpoints so they are Ethernet jacks/plugs, so I have a phone jack and a Ethernet jack in each room where I currently have a phone jack and a DSL jack.  Something like that, if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Jim