[Hidden-tech] Can a still be selected from the first 10 secs of a YouTube clip?

Carlyn Saltman, Video Mirror Feedback carlyn at yourstorymatters.com
Fri Apr 23 12:58:41 EDT 2010

YouTube's Help does not appear to address this question. I've uploaded 18
web videos that I produced for a client. YouTube routinely selects and
offers a choice of three stills to represent each clip.

Except in the case of two of the 18 clips, YouTube does not offer a still
from the first 10 seconds regardless of how many times I upload and/or
re-edit the clip.

My client requires that each clip have a still that comes from the opening
seconds   which are different from the remainder of each clip.

Does anyone know how a still  can be selected  from the opening 10 secs?

Thank you!

Carlyn Saltman

  See yourself.
Know what you communicate.