[Hidden-tech] WiredWest fiberoptic broadband

Matthew S. Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Sun Apr 18 14:31:19 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----

Transmitting & receiving on the same frequency at the same time?  I bet you were transmitting & receiving on different frequencies but I'm sure you have forgot more wireless knowledge than I would ever know.   The commercial ISP radios for point to multipoint use a shared polling technology, some are actually polled by the controlling node, some coordinate via syncronized time. The point is only one transmitter is active at a time,  that is 1/2 duplex and the Internet doesn't like 1/2 duplex.  A single BitTorrent running on a shared wireless can bring the node to its knees.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
President