[Hidden-tech] AZ seeking musicians, sound experts, lighting, restaurants, etc ....

Amy Zuckerman az at a-zinternational.com
Thu Oct 22 17:06:10 EDT 2009

Hi HT folks,

Valleywood (tm)' s FILM TECH program is turning into quite  a party. Just
about three weeks out, if I am counting, and we have some of the top special
effects/animation/video games studios in the country signed on. And they are
all here in western Mass! (read on below for the many others who can't wati
to grace the lobby of the beautiful Colonial Theatre in downtown Pittsfield.

Right now I'm looking to build the food and entertainment side of the
program, especially those of you who will benefit from enormous exposure to
NYC/Hollywood folks.

I'd like to find musicians who can play Cole Porter, Strauss (think 2001 a
Space Oddessy) and just about any song from Dirty Dancing (and there are
many that are great. I want to bring live the many films that were made
possible by western Mass. technicians. So I would like to give local
musicians and singers some wonderful PR during the exhibition portion of the
show.

We need a mike and an small sound system. Nothing fancy. I can give lots of
promotion to whomever can bring them.

We need a LCD projector and a screen. Eugene Mamut, our Academy Award winner
and guest of honor, will be grateful to anyone who spares him digging this
up. And Eugene is a very generous person who loves helping people learn the
trade or build a company in the tech side of the film industry.

Lighting would be nice. Again, nothing fancy. There's a company in Lee who I
will approach, but I would rather help one of you than a strange business.

If you want to promote your food, your make up business, hair styling,
clothing  or costumes, your writing, your Web development expertise and an
on, here's your chance to make those enormously valuable contacts. Larry
Jackson, our guest speaker and longtime Valleywood (tm) backer, is worth the
drive. He may live in Amherst, but he spends more time in LA, NYC and
Ireland than here, nowadays.To chat with him in person is a major plus. NO
ONE can provide you access to Hollywood like Larry, or at least the
knowledge of how to make it in tinseltown.

We also have just about every business that supports a film shoot, from bra
manufacturers to voice over experts, restaurants to realters and famed
authors and art gallery owners like our own Rich Michelson signed on.

We have a famed Berkshire film festival, arts organizations, the Pittsfield
government, small business development centers. Chambers et al . . plus
colleges, proviing PR support. And that's ALL of western Mass.

All of Mass media, some NYC/NJ and New England are receiving the releases
and are expected to be there to cover anyone/everyone who attends.
Exhibitors will be the most obvious to receive press coverage.

So, if y

(See: http://www.thecolonialtheatre.org/performances.php?id=388)

There is room for 50-plus exhibitors to be placed throughout the two lobbies
and wide hallways that sit between them. Exhibitors will be provided table
space, a table cloth and electric outlets. Full tables are available at a
fee to be paid to VALLEYWOOD ™ producers. Information on fees plus a
mandatory pre-registration online form created by Jeff Lander, owner of
Appilistic in Westfield, Mass., can be found at:
http://www.appilistic.com/_admin/FilmTech

Exhibitors and PR patrons will have free access to the digital showcase
portion of the event, which will start at 7 p.m. in the theater’s central
lobby. Payment for exhibitor space may be made online through PayPal, a
check, cash or a money order to be mailed to Amy Zuckerman, 4 Eaton Court,
Amherst, Mass. 01002.

For more info contact Sharon Harmon, VALLEYWOOD ™ PR manager for New England
at 978-249-3040 or email SharonAnnHarmon at peoplepc.com. Media can also reach
Amy Zuckerman, VALLEYWOOD ™ owner and producer at 413-253-4124 or email
az at a-zinternational.com.

Hope to see many of you there. It's only $20 for the evening; $15 for
students.

best,

Amy Zuckerman

HT Founder