[Hidden-tech] Digitizing Hi8 video tapes (*old* home videos)

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Nov 18 10:46:17 EST 2009

I am wondering: is there a local service that can digitize Hi8 video
tapes?  I don't need any editing, etc., just conversion to DV files on
ISO 9660 formated DVD-Rs (something I can insert into my Linux box and
then edit with kino)?  I have about 40+ tapes, some with 1 hour and some
with as much as 2 hours of video.  My (old) Hi8 camcorder is not happy
(nor is my Hi8 VCR).  (I think both are suffering from some kind of
mechanical failure due to sitting unused for a few years -- probably
deterierated 'rubber' belts or something like that.)

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933