[Hidden-tech] Valleywood Program was Great - follow up - consumer issues

Amy Zuckerman az at a-zinternational.com
Sat Nov 14 14:49:11 EST 2009

Hi Folks,

To not flood you with emails I am enclosing info on two topics.

First, FILM TECH -- the latest Valleywood (tm) Productions -- was fabulous.
Over 100 people from here to NY/NJ and Albany attendted. Our own local
producer/director/film distributor and downloadable film library director --
Larry Jackson -- was erudite and witty, as usual, as well as full of very
important information on how to enter and cope with the film industry.There
were four studios presenting from Florence (Anzovin) to the Berkshires. If
you want to contact any of them, I will ship you the program.

The Berkshires Eagle and local community television station, among others,
outdid themselves in terms of coverage. I was sick and did not present well,
so I'm not pushing the television show footage for my sake. But I can tell
you that Larry and Montague filmmaker Carlyn Saltman were fabulous.

When we get past Thanksgiving I will schedule a digital arts/ new media
support lunch or dinner so I can brief those who want and help you connect
to the people in this region who can help you get work. I have already
offered Mark and Mary Knox this entree as they could not attend, but paid
for a table. He's a great animator/illustrator, by the by.

And high praise to Jeff Lander of Appilistic in Westfield for another great
online form; a real credit to the ingenuity of Hidden Techies. Too bad the
PayPal account got only minimal use (for my sake as producer), but the form
worked fabulously. I recommend Jeff to all of you.

CONSUMER ISSUES: This is another topic for a time when there is more time;
probably another HT support meeting. Along with a columnist at Huffington
Post and a young journalist at Bloomberg, I have been documenting a number
of consumer cases where I am experiencing possible thousands of dollars in
losses because of game playing on the part of banks, credit card companies
and wireless carriers. I am fighting back, but at huge expense to myself.
Even so, I won't give in, especially with what we all know is happening in
this country right now.

The following are HOW TO tips I compiled for these media outlets. I thought
they might help you all. And, if anyone can recommend a wireless carrier to
replace Verizon, I finally have had it with a company that can't get it
right for eight months!! This is story for Michael Moore. Anyone know how to
find him? I am serious.

So, if you are under duress in any of these areas, I suggest you:

DO NOT GIVE UP

GET THE FACTS

PUT THEM IN WRITING

PUT QUERIES IN WRITING

FORCE ANSWERS

MOVE TO DISPUTE LEVEL WITH HIGHER AND HIGHER MANAGEMENT UNTIL YOU ARE HEARD

HIRE AN EXPERT TO ASSIST YOU - THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU MIGHT HELP OUT OR
SCORE RETIRED EXECS.

GO TO THE MEDIA IF NEED BE

If you have information you want to share in private, just email me at
az at a-zinternational.com

best,

Amy Zuckerman
HT Founder