[Hidden-tech] know anyone who can pull ethernet 1 floor to home ofc & test the thruput?

'David Morf' davidtoday at comcast.net
Thu Nov 5 21:40:45 EST 2009

Need a little advice.  On the 2nd floor of our home, I've got a TM402P
Touchtone telephony & data modem from Comcast, and a Data-Link 524 router
modem.  I need to shift my home office to a better work space in the house.
To do this, I need to run an Ethernet cable directly through a hole drilled
between the floors (not threaded through the ancient plaster wall) from the
2nd floor to the 3rd floor, do the end clips, and then test the results for
good throughput.  I need hardwire linkage for best throughput, and can't
move the modem and router to the 3rd floor because that would kill wireless
to the 1st floor (I've been advised by my 29-year partner in life that it's
a family decision that there shall be no holes drilled down into the 1st
floor for network cables).  Comcast said that a licensed electrician should
do all the Ethernet work.  Is that information correct, and does anybody
have suggestions for who might do that work in the college-streets area of
Holyoke?

Thanks very much,

       David

David Morf

Complexity, context, pattern

136 Dartmouth Street

Holyoke, MA 01040

413-536-0944 (direct)

413-426-6059 (cell)

davidtoday at comcast.net

Partner & Senior Regional Economics Advisor,

US Adaptive Health Solutions, a CSE Program

US Advantage Health Institute, a CSE Program

Founding Member, Center for Semantic Excellence
www.SemanticExcellence.org <http://www.semanticexcellence.org/>

Blog: http://AnEconomyOfMeaning.wordpress.com/

LinkedIn: http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/DavidMorf